Join Our Team
WE ARE HIRING! We are looking for the following positions:
- Programme Executive
- Catechetical Manager, Children with Special Needs
Reporting to the Events & Programme Manager, the main responsibilities of this position are:
- To support course planning and execution from beginning to end, which include:
- Sending out publicity or marketing materials, attending to registration matters and their follow up.
- Administrative and logistics matters relating to venues selection, ensuring they are course appropriate and ready and to arrange for any catering needs, etc.
- Ensuring during the courses, all administrative and logistics matters are carried out smoothly as planned.
- Making note of issues faced or anticipated to mitigate in future courses.
- To assist in any ad-hoc enquiries and duties as may be assigned by the manager from time to time.
Skills and Qualification
Independent and meticulous with good project management and problem-solving skills.
Be an effective team player to support the course delivery within the OFC setup.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - Able to interact effectively with people at all levels.
Willing to learn, adaptable, patient and reliable.
Willing to work over weekends and public holidays occasionally.
Diploma holder, with at least 2 years working experience, preferred.
Proficiency in - Microsoft Office, Mailchimp, Zoom, and Moodle preferred
Reporting to the Executive Director, the key responsibility of this position is to offer and to assist parish to a programme of catechesis that includes children with special needs using an approach that subscribes to the belief that inclusion rather than segregation strategies offer better results.
The work will be carried out in phases.
Phase I (Approximately 12 to 18 months)
Select and work with one or two parishes to work with OFC in piloting a method of catechesis that include special needs children.
Developing and articulating the appropriate strategy which may include:
Suggested specialised training for the parish catechists
Special or modified curriculum, special methods or materials
Enlisting of help from parents.
Analyse and make quarterly reports of findings and observations for discussion within OFC.
Adopt a strategy of continuous improvement.
Phase II (After Phase I)
To publicise and to invite diocesan parishes to partner with OFC in this service.
To organise and form a community of Special Needs Catechists to support this programme.
Skills and Qualification
Trained in BA/ BSc (Special Education).
Relevant working experience of at least three years in the area.
Have a vision for an inclusive catechetical space
Good interpersonal and communication skills - able to interact effectively with people at all levels, especially with parishes
Able to manage a volunteer group of at least 20 people. Good organisational skills.
A plus point would be a knowledge of curriculum work, and OFC’s Catechetical Curriculum
If you believe you have the calling and the suitable skills to help build the Kingdom of God in the above area, we are interested to talk to you.
To download the application form, go to https://tinyurl.com/OFCApplicationForm