Managed by the Office for Catechesis, the Bridging Programme is a programme for children/youth.
The aim of the programme is to help children/youth build up a relationship with God and to initiate them into the liturgical life of the Church.
It uses the baptismal catechumenate as the inspiration for catechesis (as directed by the General Directory for Catechesis #90-91) which allows for ongoing discernment and will include sacramental preparation, namely Baptism, First Reconciliation, and First Eucharist.
The programme runs for 4 terms - corresponding to the same schedule of local school terms.
Children enrolled in this programme are expected to complete 4 terms before they can return to their own parishes to join the relevant level in the following year.
Upon completion of the Bridging Programme, OFC will liaise with respective parish coordinators to ensure a smooth transition of the child/youth back into the existing parish catechesis for ongoing formation.
The Bridging Programme is for children (9-13 years old) in any of the following situations:
- are baptised but never had formal catechesis and wish to start
- have ‘dropped out’ of catechesis and wish to rejoin
- have come from overseas with no formal catechesis
- are unbaptised and wish to be baptised and will join catechesis thereafter
1259 Upper Serangoon Road, Singapore 534795
Thursdays: 7.00 pm – 8.30 pm
1 Commonwealth Drive, Singapore 149603
Fridays: 7.30 pm – 9.00 pm
Saturdays: 10.00 am -11.30am
31 Siglap Hill, Singapore 456085
Saturdays: 10.00 am – 11.30 am
Parents are expected to meet with their children’s catechists at least twice a year to review their child’s faith journey.
In addition, a parent formation session will be conducted for parents every term, to allow parents to come together as a community to pray for their children, as well as to experience for themselves, some aspects of the programme that the children would experience.
This would enable parents to further dialogue with their child about their own faith experience.
If you think your child is eligible for this programme,
- Please contact your Parish Catechetical Coordinator/Bridging Liaison to inform them of your interest.
- Fill up the online registration form here
- After which, a follow-up interview will be arranged with you and your child by your Parish Catechetical Coordinator/Bridging Liaison.
You may also contact us for more information.